As we draw close to the end of the tour – ‘only Paris to go’ – I must thank a number of people.
In no order of importance, just as they come to mind, I would like to thank the following:
- Miss McKernan for being mother, carer, nurse and big sister to all the students
- Bill Coppinger for his amazing work on the website and other platforms (and for having to tolerate my Jurassic ICT skills)
- Ben Hayes from Latitude Travel for not only his arrangement of the tour, and the logistics thereof, but also having to put up with my pedantic demands.
- To Felicity from Latitude in helping organizing the school visit.
- Tracey, from All Things Uniform in Broadford for donating school tops so all students laying the wreath at Menin Gate were in the same uniform.
- To Sue Rice (family friend) who turned up with Xmas Santa chocolates for each student
- For Olivia, my daughter, for ‘ finding lost souls’ on our first day in London and then looking after Ebony when she was ill
- The school Council, school management, from Principals to support staff, and the wider community for supporting the tour
- Parents & carers who have contributed to and supported the tour. I hope your child/ward has benefitted from it.
I am sure I will have missed someone, but, finally to my wife Bridget, and 2 daughters, Emily in particular, (see Olivia above) who have provided great support and displayed great tolerance during the organization of the tour.