Hello and welcome.
This website is for the students travelling on the “BSC Battlfields Tour”. This project has been running since 2013! This site is made available for all students and their families to share posts, pictures, stories and events related to the “Battlefields Tour”. We encourage you to contribute!
Students from across the year levels at Broadford Secondary College will be travelling to England, Belgium and France to study and experience first-hand, the battlefields of the First World War 1914-18 as well as the World War Two D-Day Museum.
Students will be learning French [mon Dieu! ], researching family histories and the stories of fallen soldiers. They will also work with a range of supporters and sponsors to put together the trip of a life-time.
While in England, the students will experience a range of cultural and historical landmarks that will include:
- Buckingham Palace,
- Westminster Abbey [founded in 960] ,
- Millenium Bridge,
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre,
- the magnificent St Pauls Cathedral,
- Covent Garden and the relatively new historical attraction of….. Harry Potter Studio!
While in France, students will travel to:
- the Flanders Field Museum,
- the Menin Gate ,
- the Fromelles Australian Memorial Park,
- Polygon Wood,
- Langemark German Cemetery
- Tyne Cot Cemetery
- Bullecourt Australian Memorial Park
- Albert WWI Museum – Somme 1916 Museum
- Lochnager Crater
- Musee Franco-Australien (ECOLE DE VICTORIE) & VB Memorial
- Bray-Sur-Somme German Cemetery
- Le Hamel, Australian Memorial
- Bayeux Cathedral
- D-DAY Museum and Omaha beach and American Cemetery
Did we also mention students will spend 3 days in Paris, taking in the sights of one of Europe’s most famous cities!